Monday 21 September 2015

YouTube. The new channel for video consumer grade content!

My first blog post will consist of my own YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/randomrazr.

I began this channel when youtube was just beginning to emerge. I realized how amazing this simple website was to share consumer grade videos and watch other consumer produced content. Unlike now where most of the videos, or at least popular ones seem to be a bit too professional.

I started with my dads old car, but me being NOT a mechanic, one could only make so many videos on a car. I slowly transitioned to another interest, technology. Apple was one of my favourite brands and the iPod touch was one of the first apple products I ever picked up.

In the beginning it was a simple fun thing to do, but slowly but surely I began to produce more and more video content related to tech and Apple. Since then, I have grown to having 7550 subscribers and 5.2 million views.

Its clear YouTube is a new and growing form of entertainment next to television for consumed video content. Like FaceBook, its one of the top popular websites visited on the Internet.

6 comments:

  1. Allan. Can you add a hyperlink to the URL for your YouTube channel? That would be very helpful

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cool, Allan. Just of curiosity, how do you get the products to review?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To put it simply, I just "ask". To companies if they feel sending out a sample of a case for example is worth the expense for free advertising/promotion that would attract more buyers to their brand, they send one out! Which is pretty awesome

      Delete
  3. Just took a look at your youtube page and its quite impressive. I really like the informative videos you have and clearly you have established a pretty good following. I read that you started it when youtube was first emerging, and that's pretty cool for you to see your growth from when you started to where you are now i'd assume. I like the way you have various different products up and to see that the videos are consistently being posted is another plus for me. I really like the page and what you've started, congrats! Just to clarify, the companies send you these products because of the page you've established in order to gain the advertising/marketing you provide?

    ReplyDelete