Sunday 20 September 2015

Blog Post #1 - eHarmony Video Bio

Hey guys! This is a video that I thought related to our conversation about cats on Thursday. This is a video of a woman uploading her first video for her eHarmony profile. She starts to talk about her love for cats and begins to get overly emotional. I think the video is appropriate for a social media class because it addresses both the social phenomenon around cats as well the popular use of online dating.

I found this video funny because you can tell the video is slightly making fun of the cat obsession many people have. I personally am not a big fan of cats and think the fascination is a little ridiculous. For me, watching this video was humorous because this women is a representation of how some people act towards cats on the internet, which is somewhat ridiculous. I am sure other people love this video because they can completely agree and share the same level of love for cats. This video is an excellent example of how big cats have become on the internet.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc&noredirect=1

Have a good night,

Sydney

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sydney,

    I found the video you shared quite interesting and comical. I can most definitely relate to you in not fully understanding the cat phenomenon in today's society! I think this video relates to social media and social life not only as a result of online dating but also how youtube makes sharing information virtually instantaneous. In today's society, social media allows information to be democratized and shared immediately.

    Cheers,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete