Monday 21 September 2015

Inspire Me

For my first blog post, I chose to share a youtube video of one of my favourite dance crews currently in the industry of dance/hip-hop.

Watch it first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQYyDtzmPB0

As a dancer myself, specifically a competitive hip-hop dancer here at Laurier, it is videos like such that get to me. The choreography is simply a masterpiece made up of intricate steps and movements that so perfectly accent every dynamic of the music. The team is able to execute movement in a way that transforms each song, and brings emotion into the music. There is nothing better than watching a dance video that gives you chills - which is the feeling that I live for when I connect myself to dance.

With regards to this course, and how my chosen social medium connects to the topic of social media and life, it is important to recognize how influential dance/music has become on people's lives, specifically through out the sphere of social interaction online. Sharing and posting dance videos on platforms such as youtube, Facebook, twitter and Instagram, within a global community of dancers, develops a  strong connection between dancers and people who are able to appreciate the art. I play an active role in the online community and rely on videos like such to motivate me and excite me. Because I am passionate about dance, social media phenomenons like the "Choreo Cookies" refines and moulds me as a human and a dancer.

If you like this kind of stuff, check out more of their vids. In addition, check out this one too ;)

Laurier's hip-hop team, ALIAS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y6uLYkVMTQ

No comments:

Post a Comment