Monday 21 September 2015

Buzzzz

Hello everyone,

So I decided to write my first blog post on my favorite social news and entertainment website BuzzFeed, a medium that not only comprehensively covers reporting of US economics and politics, but also posts celebrity gossip, information on the latest news stories, picture stories, and ridiculous, yet intriguing quizzes. Aside from this, BuzzFeed offers advice of all sorts, from health and beauty to DIY tips. BuzzFeed also posts viral hits, so if you like to watch cute, heartwarming, funny videos then BuzzFeed is the place to explore.

Though BuzzFeed may not be for everybody, I think of it as the perfect combination of the serious and the trivial. It’s a website that allows me to escape from the real world (mostly from my homework) even if it's just for a little while.

So, with that said, here’s a link the to BuzzFeed website: http://www.buzzfeed.com


Lastly, to show you just how fun BuzzFeed can be, I’m posting a link to a cute video that you will all hopefully enjoy: http://www.buzzfeed.com/imaansheikh/dog-apologises-to-his-human#.bdVenXjgb


5 comments:

  1. Hey Brittany, I’m so happy you posted about Buzzfed because it is also one of my favorite websites, I even have an app for it! I love Buzzfed because not only is it a source that I can get my news from, but also do personality quizzes. Another thing I like about the app on Buzzfed is that it controls which articles it will show me by asking me to fill out a survey of what my interest are but also were I live. I find a lot of news sites only cover American news, but on news fed they cover Canadian news as well. I agree with your comment that it is a perfect balance for seriousness and humor, and there is an article on there for everyone. Another site I found similar to Buzzfed is elite day which also has news about lifestyle, humor and politics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle,

    I'm glad there's someone who loves BuzzFeed as much as I do - I also have the app, it's so convenient! I definitely agree with you that Elite Daily is similar to BuzzFeed, perhaps the main difference is their target audience? (young women?) correct me if I'm wrong

    Thanks for your response :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brittany!

    I love Buzzfeed too! I agree it's a blend of both entertainment and news so it makes you feel less guilty about dropping your textbooks for celebrity gossip or entertainment quizzes because you can come across so many interesting things related to politics, the economy or whats going on in society. It's a website that allows you to learn new things in a fun and interesting way. More specifically, my favourite section is the food section because it uses simple recipes such as lasagna and pizza and transforms them into new exciting dishes with new ingredients and techniques! It always gives me ideas for dinner or snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brittany,
    I'm glad you shared BuzzFeed with us and described it in a general way that motivated me to go visit the website. Although I've been on BuzzFeed before, I didn't know they had this much to offer until I had read your post. I find it really interesting how there is a message at the top of the page saying "This BuzzFeed homepage is tailored for our readers in Canada" and it gives you the option to switch to the American version. I found that the American page had much more political oriented posts than the Canadian- yet Canada is also having an election soon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Buzzfeed fans should go and see the new Second CIty Toronto sketch comedy show called "Click, Bait and Switch". It uses Buzzfeed as the organizing theme of the sketches. Very funny. http://www.secondcity.com/shows/toronto/click-bait-switch/

    ReplyDelete