Friday 25 September 2015

Blog Post #1- TheSkimm

Hey Everyone!

For my first blog post I have decided to share TheSkimm. TheSkimm is a daily e-newsletter that concisely and cleverly summarizes the news for their readers convenience. Since its inception in 2012, TheSkimm has targeted itself primarily towards millennial women and gained a subscription of upwards of 1.5 million readers. 

http://www.theskimm.com/


As a young adult I feel a certain responsibility towards enlightening myself on the world around me. However, due to the 24-hour news cycle that characterizes our digital era I constantly feel as if I cannot keep up with the news. TheSkimm is an ideal solution to this problem as the e-newsletter is delivered to my e-mail on my phone so I can scroll through a summarized editorial of the daily news at my own convenience. TheSkimm effectively utilizes social media to meet the goals of traditional media which is what makes it such an appealing and successful tool. 

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting web site. I am wondering what about the design or content of the site makes it especially appealing to the demographic of millennial women. Can you speak to that, Vivian?

    P.S. I did enjoy learning " WHAT TO SAY WHEN YOU REALIZE THE PERSON ON THE STREET IS ACTUALLY WAVING TO SOMEONE BEHIND YOU…" LOL

    ReplyDelete