Monday 21 September 2015

A YouTube video that never gets old



For my first blog post I decided to share one of my all-time favourite YouTube videos that to this day I still quote lines from frequently. The video is made by group of guys that regularly create comedic YouTube videos (or used to) and this paticular video went absolutely viral. This video the guys are acting as if they were girls, playing on some of the light stereotypes of females and it is too funny. I remember my brother sending me this video and watching it for the first time with some of my closest girl friends. We all teared up from laughing so hard. Additionally, it also surprised me how quickly this video sky rocketed to over a million views. Now, 5 years later is has six-million views and I can still watch it and laugh just as hard the entire time.

I hope you all enjoy this video as much as my friends and I did. I look forward to hearing what you all think!

:)

-Danielle

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! This is probably not that academic of a post but this video has made me laugh time and time again since I was 15 haha! I suppose this video also does a great job of reminding us how well the Internet facilitates all types of talent and creativity. You don't necessarily have be well versed in one of the classical arts (literary, performance, etc) to have talent, clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wicked video and gets me every time! I've noticed a lot videos that gain millions of views are based on the trending topic of stereotypes. It's based on the assumption that at some point someone has experienced that stereotype, so they can relate and boom, it just takes off. Another big one is "Sh*t Girls Say About Sports". Like Bindman said, you don't necessarily require talent to gain popularity, its all about the content!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video, I was debating posting it as well. It is a hilarious video that will never get old. Shamelessly, my friends and I can still quote every line. The Harvard Sailing Team Sketch Comedy have created several funny videos, but the “Boys Will Be Girls” sketch is by far the best! I agree with Ryan, the video’s success is definitely due to how they embellish relatable stereotypes. “Boys Will Be Girls: Night Out” is also a great video to check out, if you haven’t already. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FukzyfIqYf8

    ReplyDelete