Monday 21 September 2015

Blog Post #1: Internet Puppies

Hi everyone!

For my first post I have decided to share a video of some cute pugs. Because we have been focusing on Internet cats this past week I thought I would share something that is equally enjoyable. Although Internet cats are cute, I have definitely spent more of my Internet time watching videos of puppies. I like this video in particular because it shows a couple goofy little puppies as they run around and play with each other. 

The video starts with three pug puppies snorting and chasing each other around a park. In my opinion, pugs are adorable because they are too chubby and cannot run very far before running out of breath. As the video goes on a couple toys get thrown into the mix and the puppies continue to play and chase after each other around. The video is 1 minuet and 51 seconds of pug puppies being cute. I chose this video to share with the class because it demonstrates a different type of Internet phenomenon. In Lil Bub it is stated that the reason Internet cats are so popular is because, unlike dog owners, they do not get a chance to meet outside of their homes. I believe that this pug video and its 1,650,591views demonstrate that although dog owners do often meet and converse in places like dog parks, Internet videos of dogs and puppies are just as relevant. I have posted a link to the video below and I hope that you all see why puppy videos are one of my favorite parts of the Internet. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6OwxEd0Th0

3 comments:

  1. Louise, I to spend more of my time watching videos of puppies rather than cats! I like how you made a suggested that dog lovers do not only meet in dog parks but rather they can meet in unlimited amount of spaces due to the internet. We are able to meet people with the same interest as us and find more videos and content related to our liking through different technological platforms. I really enjoyed this video and liked how you posted content similar to what we are currently talking about in class. Do you think that internet puppies is as popular or will become as popular as internet cats is ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Louise! The post I made this week referred to a video of puppies and babies, so I understand where you are coming from in your post.
    I agree with you that dog owners can also bound online, not in public parks. I know we spent much time in class talking about Grumpy Cat, and Lil Bub. I think it's important to also look at some of the popular puppies that are followed through social media. I know one that is extremely popular within my peers is Doug the Pug.
    Personally, I do see how internet cats may have a stronger bound, community wise, but I do agree that we can't ignore the strong popularity and community that dog owners have online as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its like internet cats except for puppies! It shows how animals, especially our pets can be addictive and attract attention so easily, which has been made quite evident with the amount of videos, memes and such that has been blasted on the Internet. I don't think cats or dogs are more popular then the other, its more about which one you see most and ones preference. I would say they are more popular then any other animal like turtles or even fish

    ReplyDelete