Sunday 20 September 2015

Kids Say The Darndest Things: The Apparently Kid

Hey Everyone,

To start off my first post, I'd like to shed some light on the "Apparently Kid". This is a personal favourite of mine as not only do I find this 5-year old hilarious but I think it speaks volumes to the current phenomenon of kids, cats and more.

Some background on the clip: The "Apparently Kid", also known as Noah Ritter, is approached by a TV reporter asking him to comment on his activities during his local county fair. His monotone voice, random comments about his Grandpa and frequent use of the word 'apparently' brought this video viral. Through this, it has captured the attention of Ellen DeGeneres and various media outlets which has brought Noah to fame.

I believe that side-by-side with Internet Cats, kids doing or saying hilarious/cute things is a major part of the "going viral era" that we are currently in. Cats are cute. Kids are cute. They both do funny things. Maybe it's because of their ability to not really care what people think of them.  

If you haven't seen the Apparently Kid, I highly recommend it following with his interviews on Ellen's show.. All of which can be found on YouTube.


4 comments:

  1. This is one of those super cute kids that easily make themselves viral on the internet. I have seen him on Ellen DeGeneres’ show many times and he is so unique and funny. It is crazy to realize that this kid has over 22 million views! I think people have recently been realizing the potential of the internet and how something so small can turn into a fad or viral. He has other videos on Youtube that are very similar check it out!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxpIijuNB1g

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was actually pretty funny video. I think it's interesting to see how many people, more specifically kids are being exploited these days. As far as we know multimedia technologies have a great affect on our social well-being. In todays society I see it as something that just stresses people out. I think that these videos are funny but can sometimes be quite tantalizing as these videos pin them or give them a title for the rest of their life. I think that there can be more negative feedback than positive, especially with the capability of comments on YouTube.

    Funny video though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ellen DeGeneres Show is great for showcasing hilarious Internet videos, from Noah Ritter to Sophia Grace and Rosie. Kids are constantly doing and saying hilarious things. As Laura mentioned, parents are starting to realize and take advantage of the Internet’s potential. It is clear from Noah Ritter’s rise to fame, talent it not necessary in order to become Internet famous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This video gave me a laugh! I attempted to count how many times the boy, Noah, saying "apparently" but I ended losing focus on that. I agree that this is related to the internet cuteness viral era, just like internet cats. To come and think of it, It probably wouldn't have the same effect if we had an adult saying "apparently" several times instead. Great video!

    ReplyDelete